For 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you're in the right place! Here's a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
Watch Video: 40 Years of NI Success
* 5 G - Setting world records in spectral efficiency using MIMO
* Internet of Things (IoT) - With NI's technology providing unmatched capabilities in measurement, control, ruggedness, and connectivity, along with our expert ecosystem, you can realize the benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) today.
* Semiconductor - NI semiconductor test customers report 10X improvement in test times while maintaining measurement and performance requirements.
* Autonomous Automotive - As vehicles advance towards autonomous operation, test engineers face drastically increasing system complexity while dealing with ever present cost and time pressure.
* Aerospace & Defense - NI provides industry-leading performance and accuracy with best-in-class synchronization for large systems, so you can get to the right decision faster.
More @: www.ni.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube
The Service Operations engineering team owns evaluation, design, setup and operationalization of critical global information storage and replication services, server and OS services, data protection services, network, and data center management. The team is spread amongst IT centers globally for follow-the-sun operation and sets direction for the enterprise services mentioned. This role will focus primarily on storage and replication services to align platform and service direction to department initiatives through innovative strategy, sophisticated metrics analysis, automation, and ownership of platform success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Core responsibility is driving the success of our significant NetApp FAS/AFF deployment globally
* Provide thought leadership and apply leading trends in technologies across service planning and delivery
* Lead compute and storage projects from planning to delivery
* Proactive identification of upcoming risks and costs through trend identification, data analytics, correlation identification, periodic support matrix review, self-directed research, supplier discussion, and review of concerns with the relevant stakeholders
* Perform in-depth root cause analysis of problems and define actions for timely resolution and corrective actions; work with relevant vendors as necessary to assist with root cause analysis and problem resolution
* Support Vendor Relationship Owners and Service Owners to issue RFPs, assess bid proposals, negotiate contracts, and onboard vendors
* Design, deliver, enhance, and support services per agreed SLAs
* Define platform roadmap and integrate with the broader service (multiple related platforms) roadmap
* Manage a massive scale file replication software platform to business SLA
* Perform data center management, encompassing the engineering and management of racks, cabinets, rack space allocation, environmental and power sensors, cabinet PDUs, data center security, managing major data center projects like a UPS replacement, translation of IT data center needs to Facilities and assisting Facilities with navigating IT
* Establish asset, software and data lifecycle roadmap, including refresh and retirement strategies
* Prepare platform and train operations teams for delegation of maintenance tasks
* Crosstrain team members in areas of expertise
* Present platform updates to stakeholders on a regular cadence
* Execute backup and recovery activities
* Serve as a Subject Matter Adviser on storage and data technologies; act as the escalation resource for tier three support and major incidents with the Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations teams
* Collaborate with Business Relationship Managers to collect requirements from business units to shape storage and data services
* Flexible to support delivery of infrastructure services outside of the team, specifically within the areas of end user computing; networking, and applications
* Participate in follow-the-sun oncall, staying within 1 hour of the office while on duty
* Participate in after hours meetings up to 3 hours per week for APAC staff
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or demonstratable data analytics skills
* 10 years of relevant work experience
* Experience required with architecting, engineering and operating NetApp Clustered ONTAP solutions
* Incredible persistence and vision when attacking a problem for which the outcome is not known
* Experience and familiarity with large scale file datasets, job schedulers like Jenkins, and automation solutions like NetApp WFA or Ansible.
* In depth knowledge of storage and data architecture frameworks, concepts, and designing IT solutions including block, file, file replication, object, and cloud storage solutions at scales that require planning around performance or capacity limitations
* Operational knowledge of DNS, AD, NTFS ACLs, UNIX security, SMB and NFS protocols
* Knowledge of data transmission, network and replication technologies and capabilities
* Knowledge of Information Lifecycle Management and tiered storage models
* Experience working within an Enterprise Services Delivery Organization or similar function
* Experience working with cloud storage and data services
* Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, and make sound decisions in emergency situations
* Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail
* Strong customer service orientation
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* Proven skills in service development, delivery, operations
* Experience with IBM Aspera products
* Experience managing unstructured data solutions and metadata
* Experience supporting fast moving business organizations
* Relevant experience in a service-oriented organization
* Ability to develop & articulate technology innovation roadmap and vision
* Strong strategic planning skills
* Experience managing relationships across varying levels of technical competency
* Knowledge of managing power and environmental conditions in a data center