Title: Storage Administrator
Location: Dallas, TX
The Storage Administrator is responsible for management of all centralized storage technologies. This technology includes the various Block and NAS environments, storage networks, DAS environments. This individual will be responsible for implementing storage solutions that support core organizational functions, and ensure their high availability. In addition, the Storage Administrator provides technical support across the organization, from strategic design to implementation.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an IT environment. With 3 years of Storage Operations and System Administration experience. 2-3 years working in a 24/7 IT support role. Experience managing and supporting project deliverables, excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical skills.
* Provides last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis. Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, good knowledge of Linux based operating system, good knowledge of VMWare and other (AWS, Azure) virtualization technology. Hands Storage zoning/allocating and SAN port provisioning.
* Systems & Storage Engineer: - Enterprise System & Storage Strategy and Standards development, and applied research that align with the firm IT strategy vision and realization; including project and budget planning and execution. Responsible for the technical implementation of various solutions. - Participate in product, vendor and/or technology evaluations.
* This research may be paper based and/or applied research in a lab environment. Findings need to be formally documented and presented to management and internal customers.
* Full project/product life cycle experience; ability to handle mid to large projects and support incidents with little to no guidance
* Proven experience with Enterprise Class Solutions and services including Storage Client 3PAR, PureStorage (EMC ? VNX8000, Symmetrix - Vmax, Celerra NS Series, Centera, etc. ), EMC ECC/Ionix, Cisco SAN Fabric, Veritas NetBackup, Data Domain, Enterprise Tape and disk based back-up infrastructure, VERITAS Volume Manager, EMC PowerPath, Multi-pathing configuration, Fail-Over, Replication.
* Advanced experience with technologies such as Cisco UCS, VMware vSphere virtualization including both Server and desktop hosting, Citrix/Xen App/Xen Server/Xen Desktop, VMware View, related VDI technologies including session brokers, server operating systems and hardware.
* Provides last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis.
* Provide technical insight, strategic direction, peripheral vision and ongoing operations management for the Enterprise Operations Teams.
* Strong interpersonal skills to support a high team work and customer service driven environment; the ability to work under pressure and in an environment with constantly changing priorities as well as strong English communication skills; both written and oral.
* Identify, document, and promote process improvements, opportunities for cost savings, opportunities to increase agility, and opportunities to decrease the time it takes to implement solutions.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
If Interested, please send your updated resume to email@example.com and reach out to me at 732-321-9000 ext. 4247 ASAP, thanks.