RSM US is seeking energetic and self-motivated sales and use tax implementation (automation) specialists to join its dynamic, collaborative and expanding State and Local Tax Automation practice. Our culture and environment is collaborative and entrepreneurial and as such will provide the career-focused individual with the tools and support necessary to achieve success and upward mobility within our organization. As part of a dynamic organization, many of our state and local tax professionals have extensive Big 4, government and industry experience allowing them to serve clients throughout the contiguous United States. Operating out of 76 major metropolitan cities centered around 5 geographic regions, we take pride in being the premier service provider for middle market companies and companies on the move while also having the depth and expertise to provide unpatrolled service to our Fortune 500 and 1000 clients. In addition, through our affiliates, we have a global network consisting of more than 22,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries.
Senior Managers in the Sales & Use Automation Group are responsible for delivering a full range of tax technology consulting services to their assigned clients, and work closely with assigned tax staff on all phases of the assigned projects and engagement management for multiple clients of the firm. They independently manage all phases of large system implementation and integration engagements, and play an active role in the project requirements (gathering, design, development, testing) and the go-live support of these projects. Senior Managers also provide technology support for other areas of the State & Local Tax (SALT) practice, including report development, supporting data extraction projects and application development. In addition, Senior Managers are responsible for identifying and acquiring new client opportunities and talent and growing and maintaining a book of business while managing the day-to-day activities of assigned tax team members on system implementation and integration projects, ensuring that the project stays on target and within budget.
* Serve as the Project Lead and Project Manager on third-party indirect tax software implementations (Vertex, Thomson Reuters Indirect Tax Determination, Billsoft, Taxware, Avalara) and other customized sales tax automation solution/development project
* Manage assigned system integration projects that involve major ERP and billing systems, such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, MSDGP/AX, NetSuite, etc.
* Performs process design and tax requirements analysis for indirect tax software implementations
* Performs user acceptance testing, custom training and post go-live support of tax system
* Development of customized applications for various database platforms
* Development of sales tax automation proposals
* Conducts and participates in sales and proposal development meetings
* Participates in various Speaking Engagements on behalf of the firm (IPT, COST, TEI, Hartman, Vertex Annual User Conference, etc.)
* Develops Thought Leadership content for S&U Tax on behalf of the State and Local Tax Practice
* Leads a system implementation and integration project from 'cradle-to-grave' (process design, software selection, implementation, user acceptance, training and go-live and post go-live phases
* 8-10 years work experience with demonstrated direct involvement in system implementation projects
* Demonstrated success working with systems such as Vertex, Thomson Reuters and ADP indirect tax system implementations
* CPA or other accredited designation which demonstrates above average knowledge of sales and use tax application (CMI, APS, etc.)
* A technical degree in Information Systems / Computer Science preferred. We will consider candidates with a business related Bachelor of Science degree and working knowledge in Information Systems
Additional systems experience in the following areas preferred:
* Programming in Java/C/C#/C++/Visual Basic
* Microsoft .NET development suite
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req4817
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: SALT SUT
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req4817
Location: One South Wacker Dr Ste 800, , Chicago, IL US
Region: Great Lakes Region
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Current Openings
Degree Required: Bachelor
About Junction Solutions
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.