What you'll be doing...
As a Network Planning member of technical staff, you will be responsible for designing the Automotive related Network Standards. With a focus on preparing 4G and 5G networks to support and meet next generation feature requirements and performance. You will also be responsible for technology analysis and driving Verizon priorities, strategic interests and objectives. You'll be analyzing and designing E2E architecture and systems to optimize network capabilities and support innovative applications for the automotive industry. The architecture will deliver demanding ultra-low latency, massive MTC connections and high throughput performance requirements to meet customer experience.
* Participating and leading the evolution and next generation related Industry Standard meetings, Industry Groups and Forums for Verizon.
* Evaluating and authoring 3GPP and related Industry Group contributions to drive Verizon positions and alignment with operators and vendors.
* Developing two to five or more year technology strategy for Automotive Use Cases - CV2X, Voice, Data and Video, Smart Cities.
* Partnering with broad internal organizations to author technical requirements and standards forum contributions.
* Developing excellent working relationships with Network Planning, Device Technology, Network Operations Teams, Data Performance, System Performance, and Engineering and Operations.
* Independently managing complex technical projects, including forming leading industry standard meeting and forums, assessing start-up companies, and partnering with internal organizations to finalize architecture
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25%-50% of the time (including international).
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
* End-to-end 4G/5G wireless network experience.
* Experience in Wireless 4G Core networks (EPC and IMS Core) with video, voice, TCP/IP optimization experience.
* Experience leading and driving technical initiatives across different teams internally and externally.
* Knowledge of Automotive industry, telematics, autonomous vehicle roadmaps and Smart Cities.
* Knowledge of Roaming, Provisioning and OEM systems.
* Knowledge of Cloud Apps and Cloud Aware software implementations with the understanding of Cloud technologies and ecosystems DOCKERS, Elasticity Manager, etc.
* Experience with video compression, streaming, and video related protocols such as IPTV, VOD, MPEG, network protocols, analysis, and video compression/audio codec standards.
* Experience with Private Network Architecture Framework, MEC and RF Channel model simulations.
* Strong skill in developing forward-looking next gen network architecture and strategy.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.