Job Position Summary Description: Staging manager to oversee and manage all material and Staging activities associated with Optical equipment for multiple Nokia customers. The ideal candidate will be required to follow the existing established process, but encouraged to suggest and develop improvements that will result in a more efficient process. Job entails overseeing resources who receive multiple shipments of material at various times and ensuring that the correct material and quantity of individual items get applied to the respective Order. Staging manager is also responsible for ensuring that Circuit Packs are installed in shelves, loaded with software and tested for basic functionality.
Candidate must have strong Organization and Communication skills. Candidate must have basic understanding of fiber optic equipment.
Material warehousing (handling of material) and basic Installation is preferred. Familiarity with PC technology and operation is required.
Key Responsibilities / Functions
* Track material in and out of Staging facility by Customer, Customer PO, and Sales #
* Ensure shipments go out on-time
* Support the coordination and daily actions of third party Staging employees.
* Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision or assistance
* Expected to be self-directed and demonstrate solid judgment when managing time and project constraints.
* Timely and accurate tracking and reporting of data
* Interface with Nokia Program Management on a regular basis.
* Identification and Escalation of issues as they surface
* Manage resources that perform the following:
* Receive multiple shipments at various times and apply to respective Order
* Inventory all received material and scan equipment and serial number barcodes
* Unpack equipment and verifying against packing slips
* Install shelves into a cabinet, connecting Power and performing basic Power-On testing
* Seat CP's and pluggables in shelves
* Load SW and provisioning equipment from a MOP (Method of Procedure) document
* Un-install shelves from cabinet and re-package for shipment.
* Collect weight and dimensions
* Ensure requirements outlined in the MOP are thoroughly implemented and tested for customer projects.
The location for this position is in Irving, TX.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Bachelor's degree strongly recommended.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in Telecommunications
Material warehousing experience
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Understands Technical content
Can communicate well, and is a "people-person"
Organizational & time management skills
Is decisive (able to make good calculated decisions)
Sets high standards
A good team player with good judgment