Role Summary:You will operate in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for build needs, and convey that vision to the service's scrum team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders.
Essential Responsibilities:• Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products
* Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases
* Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
* Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
* Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
* Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
* Collaborate with UX in design decisions, demonstrating deep understanding of technology stack and impact on final product
* Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
* Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
* Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
* Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
* Demonstrates excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape
* Mentor junior team members
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Technology OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience in Technology OR PhD with 3 years of experience in Technology
* GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to travel 10%
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Wauwatosa, WI or Chicago, IL
Desired Characteristics:• Experience in enterprise environment with data management and / analytics responsibilities
* Deep understanding of Big Data / Hadoop, RDBMS, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Business
Intelligence, Data Integration (ETL, EAI), and Data Replication
* Deep understanding of GE Healthcare's financial systems and data warehouse landscape
* Experience with Oracle Business Intelligences reporting tools such as OBIEE, BI Answers etc.
* Familiar with Oracle DRM toolset or data relationship management concept for financial
master data management
* Good understanding of data analysis (eg. Tools: iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib)
and Python web framework
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
* Experience working in Agile engineering environment
* Familiarity with versatile implementation options, including Java, Node.js, Go, Python.
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
* Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
* Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
* Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
* Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
* Able to work under minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
* Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
* Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.Additional Locations:United States;Illinois, Wisconsin;Wauwatosa, chicago;
About General Electric
General Electric is a multinational conglomerate corporation offering infrastructure and financial services.