Cruise Automation, Inc.
We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
As a Staff Technical Program Manager for AV Hardware Systems, you will play a critical role coordinating across our sensor and compute architecture, including (but not limited to) lidars, radars, cameras, networking, and compute. You will work to identify key challenges faced within hardware, and partner with sensor Technical Program Managers to drive programs that address these challenges from a program-level perspective.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Work closely with company leaders and hardware TPMs to create and own master program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule & execution plan; mentor and assist other program participants in creating plans for their respective areas
* Capture and track inter-team dependencies and handoffs; monitor and help resolve issues
* Define program metrics and KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
* Communicate progress effectively across program teams, including to GM and Cruise execs
* Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
* Help manage and drive complex, fast-evolving hardware components during early development, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
* Develop & refine processes, tools and procedures for calibration of multiple sensors (camera, radar, lidar, ultrasonic), both at the factory and in field maintenance
* Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
* Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress & needs
* Create and organize all relevant documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, science, or related field
* 8+ years of industry experience
* Ability to understand complex technical systems and programs
* Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
* Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
* Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
* Able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
* Background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
* Experience with large-scale assembly line processes
* Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
About Cruise Automation, Inc.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.
Cruise Automation, Inc.