TuneIn - Staff Software Engineer, Web
Staff Software Engineer, Web
San Francisco, CA
Engineering - Web
Apply for this job
Our mission is to deliver the world's best listening experiences. Every day we make good on that promise for millions of listeners through our flagship mobile and web applications along with more than 200 connected devices and services.
About TuneIn Engineering
We value being a top-notch engineering organization and have the same high standards with our code and people. We make time for quality, we are agile and pragmatic, we keep it simple, we are data-driven, and we love getting better.
We hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people. Our projects tend to be 1-2 engineers maximum, so trust and accountability are required for us to work. Trust also helps us keep processes & overhead to a minimum. So far, we've built a reasonably-sized, high-powered team and are always striving to be the best place to work we can be.
About the Position
Our business invested in a complete rewrite of our web application to a modern stack (React.js, Redux, Node.js) and we're looking for a talented web engineer to build new features as we continue to scale. Our ideal candidate also has experience building APIs. This is a highly visible, high-impact role in which you'll have a lot of say on what happens on product features from early brainstorming to how we implement features. As a key member of the web engineering team, you will lead the architectural direction of tunein.com.
As the Staff Software Engineer, Web, you:
* You are a pragmatic craftsman, with a passion for code quality.
* You take a long-term perspective on code, but know how to strike the balance practical and pristine.
* You love learning and growing.
* You continuously drive for improvement and are eager to leave code better than you found it.
* You enjoy code reviews and are comfortable reviewing code with little context.
* You are open-minded and enjoy working on a team towards a common goal.
* You are passionate about modern web technologies and are comfortable researching and upgrading external libraries used in our code base.
* You are always thinking of ways to increase performance such as image optimizations, page load
* You understand the complexities of working with external integrations such as ad SDKs like DFP and Adswizz
* You are familiar with the challenges of audio stream issues across various browsers
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* Expert-level knowledge in Node, React and Redux
* Proficiency in modern web technologies
* Owned architecture and design decisions on a large scale consumer website
* Full stack experience, including building APIs
* Experience with a mayor object-oriented programming language
* Comfortable writing simple SQL queries
TuneIn brings together live sports, music, news, and podcasts - hear what matters most to you! With live, on-demand and original content, we are one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world with 75 million monthly active users. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations globally and more than 5.7 million podcasts, and is available for free across 200 platforms and connected devices - our listeners can always find what they love while discovering new things.
Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL, commercial-free top news networks like MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox News Talk, and a wide array of commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
TuneIn is an audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, sports, music, and podcasts.