Staff Software Engineer, Systems - Product Insights and Experimentation
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
The Product Insights and Experimentation (PIE) team builds world-class engineering products. We make user behavior visible and clear in order to enable great product decision making. The team's most important roles are to enable fast, rigorous product experimentation and to provide automated tools to generate insights and understanding of our users.
* Responsible for experimentation (A/B testing) methodology and implementation
* Understanding user behavior with great visualization and analysis tools
Twitter has a very data-driven culture and experimentation is at the center of product decisions. PIE engineers regularly participate in discussions with the most senior leaders at Twitter to understand how experimentation can further increase the rate of innovation. PIE does its work with a combination of scalable open-source technologies including Scala, Scalding, Hadoop, Presto, Heron just to name a few. We also like pie.
Who you are:
You have the following skills and experience:
* You've shipped a major project from inception to production
* Experience in a data-heavy environment (Hadoop, Spark, etc)
* Developing and maintaining well tested and reliable software
* You've mentored other engineers and have a deep desire to continue to do so
* You can code well in a jvm based language (Scala, Java, Kotlin, etc)
You care about people:
* You have fundamental respect for all people
* You are in awe of the ability to understand and help 100s of millions of people
* You are kind, collaborative, inclusive and self-aware
* Real-time data pipelines
* Statistics background or experience with controlled experiments
* Functional programming experience or interest
* Experience with fullstack development in web applications (including front-end visualization)
Product Insights and Experimentation is diverse and we value that. We are not looking for people who fit some historical Silicon Valley mold. We want to maintain and increase our diversity so whoever you are and wherever you come from, if you are a great engineer we would be honored if you applied.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Twitter is a social networking platform.