In recent years, enterprises large and small have witnessed an explosion of business-critical data. At Databricks we're building a cloud-centric unified analytics platform based on Apache Spark that lets customers curate, query and derive crucial insights from their data to drive their business.
The Serverless team builds the cutting-edge resource-management and data-processing features that power this platform and provide a seamless experience to our customers. Our goal is to usher in the next revolution in big data by bringing the power of serverless cloud computing to big data applications.
We've built features such as autoscaling compute and storage, credential passthrough and notebook-scoped libraries, that simplify resource administration in the cloud, secure data in the enterprise and empower data scientists an data engineers in their organizations. You have the opportunity to join us and solve the infrastructure and data management problems of enterprises as they transition from on-prem data centers to the future of the cloud.
* You will work with a team of world-class leaders and architects who have built one of the most successful data processing engines
* You will lead a team of highly intelligent, motivated and productive engineers to build the next generation cloud-based data platform.
* You will gain the rare and valuable experience of building software and services on both the AWS and Azure cloud platforms.
* You will experience and contribute to the culture and processes of one of the fastest-growing startups in Silicon Valley.
* Work with our excellent product managers to understand and solve the infrastructure, security and data management needs of our customers.
* Design features and plan and guide their technical implementation with incremental milestones that deliver value to our customers.
* Ensure the success of projects by your own individual contributions as a high-leverage software engineer.
* Mentor the engineers in your team and help them be successful in their careers.
* Maintain a high quality bar for Databricks features and products.
* Be a thought leader in the data infrastructure industry.
* JVM or lower-level programming languages for systems programming.
* BS or more in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field
* Experience with services infrastructure preferred.
* Experience with distributed systems, databases, and big data systems.
* Experience with cloud APIs preferred (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook)
* Exposure to container technologies, such as Docker preferred
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.