Zodiac Aerospace is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft and for helicopters and spacecraft. It develops and manufactures state-of-the-art solutions to improve comfort and facilities on board aircraft and high-technology systems to increase aircraft performance and flight safety. Zodiac Aerospace, a Safran* company since February 2018, has 32,500 employees worldwide and generated revenue of 5.1billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017. Zodiac Aerospace is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange.
* Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with nearly 58,000 employees and sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
For more information: www.safran-group.com and www.zodiacaerospace.com / Follow @Safran and @ZodiacAerospace on Twitter
The Staff Software Engineer assumes a high profile role in the architecture, design, development, test and integration of application software on a software development team. This individual will ensure that the team develops software with attention to quality and according to project processes and procedures. This position is responsible for designing, developing, and troubleshooting highly complex software programs for computer based systems. Other responsibilities include performing systems modeling, simulation, and analysis in designing software systems; advising Hardware Engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; and providing input for documentation on new or existing programs. The Staff Software Engineer provides work leadership by monitoring work, and training employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure that documented processes and conventions are maintained throughout the development effort
* Influence and contribute to definition of software project scope, including vetting breakdown of stories into tasks
* Provide support in preparation and presentation of technical material for customers
* Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish the work
* Develop requirements-based system level architecture and software designs
* Develop software to implement the design and develop automated unit tests to ensure that the software meets functionality and quality requirements
* Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status
* Consult with customers and/or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field
* 9+ years of experience working in a similar role
* 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
* Strong experience with the Scrum Methodology
* Experience in all phases of the software lifecycle including, system requirements definition, system requirements decomposition, software requirements definition, software requirements decomposition, system design, software design, software development, software testing- including unit testing, integration testing, and system testing and acceptance testing
* Position requires full competence in software engineering techniques and complete lifecycle management
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills
* Must be proactive, meticulous, organized, and detail oriented
* Ability to efficiently resolve problems
* Ability to accomplish multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently, with minimal direction
* Must be able to manage software teams
* Ability to use discretion and independent judgment when making decisions on behalf of the company
ID: IFA - 14183
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
About Zodiac Aerospace
Zodiac Aerospace designs, develops, manufactures, and markets aerospace equipment and systems.