Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
Visa is looking for Staff Performance Engineers, who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9's availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Go, Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Aerospike, Elasticsearch etc. and involves collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, systems performance engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure and solution architects.
* Accountable for creating application and infrastructure performance plans/models for ahighly scalable, low-latency, highly-available and high-throughput payment processing system.
* Design and contribute to performance and resiliency testing and tuning of distributed components.
* Work with the architects and development team to ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
* Evaluate, develop, and execute load test tools to stress the limits of Visa's most critical payment applications
* Understand and performance test the APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
* Analyze performance and resiliency test results to fine tune component design and implementation
* Characterize end to end system performance from application to infrastructure to hardware
* Monitor application performance, optimize performance bottlenecks and usage to create an application capacity model
* Help optimizing system components such as CPU/Memory/Disk/Network & OS/Application software for maximum use of computer resources
* Design and develop Performance best practices and influence non-functional requirements at early stages
* Work closely with application development teams to provide technical direction to improve application performance
* Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
* Support in triaging and troubleshooting of performance degradation related incidents in production environment
* Contribute to ongoing capacity planning and disaster recovery exercises
* Extraordinary software engineering talent
* BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field
* Minimum of 8-10 years' hands-on experience in Performance Engineering role
* Expert knowledge in hardware, software, and distributed applications environments and solid understanding of their associated capacity and performance indicators
* Knowledge of functional programming languages like Go, Scala or the ability to learn them quickly
* Experience in using scripting languages and open source Performance tools
* Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
* Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
* Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from recognized university
* Deeply self-motivated with the ability to work independently, coordinating activities within cross-regional and multi-functional teams
* Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
* Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.