* Provide technical leadership, develop and evolve software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
* Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing, and code quality automation.
* Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules and apply existing technology to designs in SQL databases using Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
* Assess application performance, then optimize and improve it through best coding practices to support software build, release, and deployment processes.
* Implement core data structures for web services (SOAP, WSDL or REST) as well as algorithms using language of choice.
* Position requires a Bachelor's degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) and 6 years of progressively responsible post-Bachelor's degree related experience. Alternatively, employer will accept a Master's degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) and 4 years of related experience.
* Position also requires 4 years of experience with: Software design patterns, Java coding, software build, release, and deployment processes, and web services (SOAP, WSDL, or REST)
* 2 years of experience with cloud (AWS or Azure)
* 1 year of experience with Microservices.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
* GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.Additional Locations:United States;California;San Ramon;
About General Electric
General Electric is a multinational conglomerate corporation offering infrastructure and financial services.