Come join the Tax Knowledge Engine Platform Team as a Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for domain specific language design, compilers, and rules-driven engine execution that support many of the core TurboTax application experiences like smart data collection, calculations, explanations and more… We are in the process of reimagining and rearchitecting many of these key capabilities that pave a future for a broader set of dynamic experiences and instant return experiences. If you have a passion for algorithms, language design, and having your code exercised 100+ billion times by consumers per year, then this may be a good fit. You may be a good fit if you have an imagination - for connecting consumer needs with technical capabilities. Although our team supports hosted services, we also publish cross platform libraries for Linux/Windows/Mac - so you are a good fit if you have competent working knowledge in both java and C++.
* Develop artifacts/languages to encode domain knowledge composed of compliance rules, calculations, explanation of outcome, filing preparation, and validation- Technologies: Java, C++, Maven
* Develop highly scalable engine/systems for executing knowledge rules. - Technologies: C++, J2EE, web services, executed on Linux, OSX, Windows platforms.
* Applying deep algorithm and data structure knowledge.
* Working collaboratively with 2-5 engineers and engaging with organization partners to deliver on both short (weeks) and long term (year) goals.
* You're a product engineer first. You build technology/capabilities that bring customer delight and significantly reduce complexity.
* Leading and mentoring more junior and newer Engineers, making sure to bring others along for the journey
* 70-85% hands-on development in all phases of the software life cycle.
* Solid Working Experience with the following:
* Compiler software design and implementation
* Domain Specific Language implementation or design
* Customizing a Domain Specific Language (proprietary or open source)
* Language source to source translation.
* Language source to bytecode translation.
* 8+ years' experience with object oriented languages.
* Industry experience in both Java and C++ is preferred.
* Experience building and integrating with web services, (REST or SOAP) using common frameworks like Spring, Jersey, JAXRS.
* Experience working JSON and XML Schema (XSD) development a plus.
* Familiarity in applying SAX, DOM, XJC, JAXB at scale in a production stack.
* Experience with production monitoring/traceability technologies.
* Experience with deployment and software delivery technologies e.g. maven, ant, cmake, etc…
* Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Experience with debugging, troubleshooting, understanding the magic under the covers.
* Experience delivering quality software into production.
* Experience leading the technical design in a large multi-month project.
* Ability to start with an abstract problem statement, drive to understand requirements, and implement a scalable solution.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are a required due to the dynamic nature of discussions and collaborations with other engineering and product teams
* You've got a burning passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Intuit provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.