Staff Software Engineer- GPS Signal Processing
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
L3 is seeking a highly motivated senior-level software engineer for our GPS signal processing software development team. Successful candidates perform complex professional software engineering assignments requiring expertise covering a range of the GPS domain within a team environment.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related discipline, a minimum of 8-10 years professionally related experience, along with a passion to further their career in embedded Software Engineering.
The selected candidate:
* Has hands on real-time embedded C development experience that includes recent lab activities integrating with, and debugging on, target hardware.
* Has a strong math background (including linear algebra), signal processing (DSP) signal detection and tracking, and Matlab (or Pandas) experience.
* Has experience in developing in a multi-processor environment.
* Has experience in developing software requirements and software design based on system requirements and system design.
* Has experience supporting end user integration.
* Has experience with software methodologies such as Structured Analysis/Design and/or Object Oriented Technologies, UML, Agile/SCRUM.
* Is a self-starter who is able to individually implement a wide variety of hands-on assignments through design, code, debug, unit and SW integration tests, and peer review.
* Consistently and accurately estimates and delivers individual assignments to plan.
* Knows and continuously practices software best practices.
* Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
The ideal candidate will also have prior background in one or more of the following:
* GPS concepts, signal processing or navigation user equipment, embedded system development and testing, military GPS receivers, Matlab, digital signal processing or tracking loops.
Required to obtain a SECRET CLEARANCE, and is required to maintain eligibility requirements for access to U.S. DoD classified information.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.