Do you like Golang, distributed teams, distributed systems, web performance, and smart, kind, empathic teammates? Walmart Labs is looking for a backend developer to help build tools that speed up all of Walmart e-commerce. You'll be building mostly HTTP APIs, mostly in Go. These APIs control our CDNs, load balancing, and web optimization systems used across virtually all Walmart e-commerce properties.
A typical day might involve any of the following:
Create an API endpoint to control our performance tooling.
Add metrics and monitoring to increase the observability of our applications.
Work with our configuration management systems to smooth out our deploy process.
Give design feedback and review teammates' code.
Our stack uses Go and MySQL. You don't necessarily need to be an expert in these technologies already. We believe smart people can learn anything and are willing to train the you in our specific tools. If you're not familiar with Go, you should be able to demonstrate you'd pick it up quickly.
* Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
* Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
* Ensures business needs are being met
* Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
* Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
* Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
* Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
* Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
* Supports business objectives
* Troubleshoots business and production issues
* Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
You have at least two years of professional experience building RESTful APIs.
You have at least three years of professional experience with Go, Java, Python, Ruby, or another server-side programming language.
You're comfortable with writing and maintaining performant SQL queries.
You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
You're willing to dive in to unfamiliar layers of the stack.
You have experience with Linux systems.
Experience with Golang
Experience with CDNs
Experience in networking
Experience with Salt, Chef, Puppet or other configuration management tools
Experience with front-end development
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That's what we do at Walmart Labs. We're a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* 100% coverage for in network preventative care
* Retirement Plan
* Vision Plans
* Dental Plans
* Exclusive Discounts
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 10-15 minutes to complete our 1-page application.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs