Staff Software Engineer- Embedded Security
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual experienced in embedded software development and embedded system security, which can include Information Assurance (IA), Anti-Tamper (AT), and cryptography. Success in this position requires an ability to understand the overall system, apply creative thinking, and perform work with extreme attention to detail.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Experience with developing anti-tamper countermeasures and/or cryptographic solutions
* Developing or interpreting security policies and procedures
* Having familiarity with protection profiles and Information Assurance documentation products
* Having ability to architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and/or services
* Identifying security issues and risks, and develops mitigation plans
* Having experience with secure coding practices and software security foundations
* Accepting responsibility for development and maintenance of the security aspects of navigation solutions, in accordance with company and DoD policies and procedures
* Participating in security certification efforts, generating technical documentation, presenting to internal and external customers, and acting as a liaison to security approval agencies
* Demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills
* Being involved in all development life cycle activities (requirements analysis and specification, preliminary and detailed design, code, integration test, verification, documentation and product release per the company software process)
* Performing under limited supervision, and follows established procedures
* Championing established processes and suggests process changes to achieve a more optimal development approach
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or Master of Science (MS) degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering.
* Ten or more years experience with a BS degree, eight to 10 years applicable engineering experience with a MS degree, two to five years experience with a Doctorate degree.
* Experience must emphasize embedded real-time software engineering and security.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship and a Secret clearance are required for this position.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.