Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Global Services is part of the Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization. This group is responsible for building tangible, impactful, innovative and intelligent solutions across payment acceptance, payment security, payment analytics and fraud management for marquee and strategic accounts worldwide.
We are looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our team!
* Design and develop solutions for our business partners using Salesforce.com. Responsibilities include the creation of conceptual approach, technical analysis, fit-gap assessment, design, development, unit testing, deploy and support activities
* Lead collaboration activities with business partners on requirements elaboration, workflow design, configuration, and business re-engineering.
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to implement final requirements
* Able to work on multiple projects and initiatives with different/competing timelines and demands.
* Manage and collaborate with product vendors and systems integrators on delivery of solutions. Work with delivery partners to review and finalize technical specifications, code review, version management, and implementation related activities.
* Collaborate with business partners to create a certification guide to onboard future clients.
* Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
* Collaborate across global businesses and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, and change leadership.
* Mentor junior developers in following best practices.
* Advising customers on best practices for salesforce.com, development or integration processes.
* Writing technical specifications for planned work.
* Creating data migration and integration mappings.
* Working with other Salesforce managed packages
* Design and develop page layouts, screens, and views, workflows and reports around the customer needs for an interface.
o Should also be very proficient with creating and troubleshooting API related tasks
* Guiding projects along through daily communications with the customer or project manager.
* Regularly communicating with the customer on the status of the issue resolution.
* Support the application post go-live during system setting and fix applications issues not necessarily related to code.
* Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline; Master Degree preferred
* 7 years or more of relevant experience in application development (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and implementation, delivery and design)
* Extensive hands-on experience with designing and building integrations using Java, Apex code, REST web services and integrations
* Is highly proficient with Continuous Integration / Delivery framework (CI/CD), release and change management, Sprint based agile delivery and well versed with all aspects of JIRA
* Experience in building complex database queries and procedures
* Experience integrating with third-party Web Services
* Well versed with the overall technical architecture of Salesforce.com including Salesforce1 mobile
* Strong conceptual and analytic skills. Ability to design and build complex algorithms
* Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs
* Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones
* Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, and business use case and user interface prototyping
* Business knowledge in the areas of contact center operations is a plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a broad group of stakeholders
* Experience with deploying solutions to converged or virtualized infrastructure environments
* Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing considered a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.