Would you like to build the next generation reporting and analytics platform that would help 100,000+ businesses really understand customer interactions at depths never thought possible until now? Data is at the heart of Zendesk's business. This is a transformational opportunity where you can have a huge impact across all products in the Zendesk product family. The Data Platform team is responsible for implementing a globally distributed reporting and analytics system that uses state of the art cloud technologies that span Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
As a Staff Software Engineer on Foundation Analytics, you will be responsible for developing many key parts of the foundation data services platform. You will work closely with your team members to design, develop and deliver software projects on time with high quality. You will be a productive member of the data engineering team. You will help Zendesk to deliver high-quality reporting products for our customers.
What you get to do every day as a Staff Software Engineer:
* Publish well written and tested code to production daily
* Own the design, key feature development and functionality of our data platform
* Investigate production issues
* Troubleshoot our data pipelines
* Ensure data pipeline is operating in high efficiency, throughput with high data quality
* Build a platform that will be the foundation for our customer facing reporting features, our machine learning initiatives, and internal product analytics
* Lead team members with researching & brainstorming different solutions for technical challenges
* Provide technical leadership to the team with solving complex problems
* Develop best practices and coach other engineers in the team with helping make technical decisions on projects
What you bring to the role:
* Enjoy solving complex problems and lead others to solve complex problems
* Use technical knowledge and analytical thought process to exercise judgment and identify solutions
* Proven work history of building scalable data platform and reliable data pipelines
* Strong working knowledge in data modeling, writing ETL jobs
* Fluent in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, or Scala
* Experience with AWS Data and Streaming services Kinesis and Glue catalog tool
* Enjoy writing map reduce jobs to help solve various data engineering challenges
* Excellent coder and with a strong passion to design scalable, fault-tolerant software systems
* Familiar with Kafka, Spark frameworks with working knowledge at least one job scheduling tool: airflow, celery, AWS step functions, or AWS batch
* 7+ years of work experience in software engineering
* 3+ years of work experience in data/infrastructure software development
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a software development company, providing software-as-a-service products for organizations.