* Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications. Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
* Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives. Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
* Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts. Interact regularly with managers, clients, vendors, and agencies to field queries and questions.
* Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
* Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
* Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
* Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
* Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
* Write and/or delete programming script to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and Web applications as necessary.
* Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company workstations.
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science or related field.
* 5 plus years of experience in to be specified.
* Subject matter expert in area of responsibility or working knowledge of several technical areas.
* Strong knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3 development.
* Experience working with enterprises databases like Oracle.
* Experience in application performance analysis and tuning.
* Built and tested software as part of a larger project that involved continuous integration and frequently deliver.
* Experience working in an Agile environment on a Scrum development team.
* Technically fluent in programming languages, including SQL, JAVA, HTML5.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal? Healthier patients, happier providers and happier employees. Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. Oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
4075 Sorrento Valley Boulevard, Sorrento Valley, California 92121
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare (formerly known as Quality Systems) is a provider of software, services, and analytics solutions to medical and dental group practices.