Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Are you an enthusiastic technologist? We'd love to meet you. The CloudOps team is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help build Schwab's internal cloud platform. Our team is critical in developing and driving the execution of application modernization and cloud migration strategy. CloudOps is also the "change agent" group within the company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative services at Schwab.
What you'll do:
You will be joining us as a Staff Software Engineer with the CloudOps team focused on building reference implementations of our internal cloud PaaS platform (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) that will drive application modernization standards, and faster cloud ready application development. You will also develop productivity systems to enable quicker application development. We are looking for a person with excellent CS fundamentals who is language and technology agnostic. You will:
* Develop PCF reference implementations in both Java/Spring and c#/.NET.
* Work with development teams across Schwab and build out POCs proving how their applications can move to the cloud.
* Work with the team to come up with training curriculum for development teams so they can more quickly migrate to PCF.
* Develop our productivity systems and archetypes to enable faster application development following best practices and Schwab standards.
* Come up with 'templates' for IDEs (Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc...) that allows developers to get the basics of a Schwab/PCF application right out of the gate.
What you have:
We are looking for a passionate engineer who cares about writing clean, testable code. We expect you to have:
* 5+ years software development experience.
* Deep knowledge of Java and Spring ecosystem
* Experience building RESTful webservices or apps which consume RESTful interfaces.
* Experience with BDD, TDD.
* The ability to work across teams and organizations to get things done.
* Passion to learn new technologies and best practices for software development.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields.
* Experience with a PaaS like Cloud Foundry preferred.
* Experience with cloud frameworks & design patterns such as Microservices, 12-factor design, OOD et preferred
* Experience building applications with MongoDB, Aerospike or Redis as the storage mechanism preferred.
* Experience developing and supporting apps in a high visibility production environment preferred.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, September 30, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.