Come join the TurboTax engineering team @ Intuit as a Staff Site Reliability Engineer.
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) work at the intersection of software and systems engineering to design and build large scale consumer experiences which are reliable, operable, secure, highly available, disaster-ready, and performant. Join a world-class operations team and utilize your programming and operations talents to apply the latest patterns in continuous delivery, cloud operations, containerization, and serverless technology and help us build the next generation TurboTax platform and delight millions of customers.
Come join Intuit's Consumer Group and help power prosperity around the world!
* Embed into development projects and assist teams in delivering new features, services, and consumer experiences through production with speed and quality. You honor operational rigor and think first about customer experiences
* Consider security, reliability, operability, and performance when designing and implementing technical solutions
* Full stack system engineering. Utilize your deep knowledge of networking, systems, and software engineering and your understanding of service-oriented architectures, mastery over CI/CD and AWS to steer operational approaches and solutions
* Lead design and code review sessions focused on site reliability tools
* Work on significant assignments which are broad in scope and complexity, span organizational boundaries, and cover a wide range of technology
* Assume a technical leadership role within SRE projects. Assist in grooming our project backlog and leading other engineers in targeted mission teams focused on site reliability
* Mentor. Coach other engineers on technology best practices and help build an SRE community driven to automate
* Build internal and external peer networks and bring forward new ideas, technologies, solutions, and best practices to the SRE community
* Lead Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) working sessions and automate chaos engineering within the TurboTax ecosystem
* Coordinate technical dependencies across other teams and work boundaryless in pursuit of organizational goals
* Expertly build and operate services within AWS. Assist project teams with designing and setting up highly available cloud environments
* Think pragmatically when introducing new technology. Balance the demand for realistic, short-term goals to meet project and seasonal deadlines, with the need for longer-term, potentially more disruptive innovation
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* 10+ years of system engineering experience, hands-on w/ networking, load-balancers, web servers, application servers, unix systems, datastores, etc.
* 3+ years of cloud experience, building and operating services using Amazon Web Services
* 3+ years of devops experience, working collaboratively with development teams, assisting with SCM and build support, writing deployment automation, setting up CI/CD pipelines, etc
* 2+ year of solid Configuration Management experience: Chef (preferred), Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Cfengine, etc
* Knowledge of agile project methodologies. Experience with writing user stories in Jira, grooming project backlogs, planning sprints, and working with Scrum or Kanban
* Solid understanding of networking including TCP/IP stack, basic switching/routing concepts, and load-balancing
* Experience with CICD tools (Jenkins/Jenkins2, Spinnaker, CodePipeline, TeamCity, Bamboo,etc)
* Experience with MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server
* Experience with big data stores and NoSQL databases (EMR - preferred, Vertica - preferred, Cassandra, Hbase, or MongoDB)
* Reviewable open-source contributions would be a plus
Intuit is a company that provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals.