Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Trading Experience Technology (TXT) team at Charles Schwab is a leading edge organization using modern approaches for developing and delivering web applications. We are looking for a talented scrum master to join our team.
What you'll do:
You will work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques. The Scrum Master has a hands-on role in managing the Scrum process within software development teams. They help their teams adopt and improve on the Scrum methodology. They coach their teams to higher levels of maturity by continually improving their process, and ensuring that they adhere to the Scrum framework. They lead efforts to get Scrum training for all members of their team (Product Owners, developers, QA, business analysts, managers, stakeholders, etc.) They serve as the Scrum framework authority for their teams and evangelize and educate their teams on, not only the process, but the benefits of following the process. You will also be representing your Scrum Teams in the Scrum of Scrums forums with Development Leads to discuss pain points and improvements in Agile processes.
What you have:
* 5 years of Scrum Master Experience and ability to handle multiple scrum teams
* 3-5 years of experience using JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian tools. Comprehensive knowledge of JIRA queries to build JIRA dashboards for scrum teams.
* 5 years of experience in a software development environment preferably involving cross-team dependencies.
* A thorough understanding and appreciation for the Agile values and principles.
* Excellent understanding of SDLC phases and ability to coordinate releases
* Communicative and social skills - Able to communicate well with your Teams and business as well as technology stakeholders.
* Continual improvement - Constantly learning new tools and techniques to grow your craft, yourself, and your Teams.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or related experience.
* Knowledge of project management fundamentals.
* Conflict resolution: Able to facilitate discussion of issues and different approaches and alternatives, and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Facilitate: Able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
* Assertive: Able to ensure Agile and Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason and authority, and make the tough calls.
* Situationally aware: Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them as appropriate.
* Attitude of empowerment: Able to lead a team to self-organization.
* Strong grasp of software development and technology.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: Project Management-2-5 yrs Position Located In: IL - Chicago Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, June 14, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.