This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon's premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
We are seeking a new or recent Grad MS with research interests to join our Physical Sciences and Systems group in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Our world-class team works with a broad range of Government agencies to solve problems that are both technically challenging and have a real operational impact. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge in physics and physical systems, dynamics, control theory, signal processing, hands-on experience with experimental equipment to collect and analyze data sets, and willingness to support limited off-site testing. Knowledge of hardware and software and experience developing and implementing physics-based models in Matlab/Simulink are a plus.
Our work makes a real impact to operational systems. Examples of the types of challenging problems include:
* Developing structural and acoustic models and related signal processing schemes;
* Developing control systems and architectures to affect performance of physical systems;
* Developing sophisticated detection and classification algorithms against state-of-the-art threats;
* Supporting real time implementation and evaluation of your designs in realistic mission scenarios; and
* Developing prototype proof-of-concept systems to address our client's most challenging problems.
BBN offers a fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to multiple projects. Career growth is encouraged through support for publications and participation in leading research conferences, training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. We offer industry-leading benefits including 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, performance based bonuses, and flexible work hours.
Required Education and Experience:
* MS in Engineering, Physics, or equivalent discipline required or BS degree and 2+ years of experience.
* 0 - 5 years of experience.
* US citizenship is required. A willingness to apply and maintain a US Government security clearance is required.
* Advanced degree and at least 3 years of paid experience.
* Development and validation of a standalone model/simulator.
* Programming: Matlab, Simulink, C
* Familiarity with laboratory equipment (sensors, actuators, analyzers, data acquisition, real-time platforms)
134919BR 134919 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Research & Development
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.