* Recognized master in a technical discipline, able to teach others about a vast array of situations for their discipline and its relation to other disciplines.
* Provides measurable input into new products, processes, standards, and / or business plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall function results.
* Implements strategic goals established by functional leadership.
* Establishes business plans for discipline with short-to mid-term impact on results (e.g., 1 to 3 years).
* Follows set technical/business processes, helps support change when necessary, and works on a variety technical projects of moderate scope with instruction; has little direction/supervision.
* Executes complex, specialized technical projects/assignments, leading individual contribution for key technical projects and programs.
* Responsible for major or many components in area of expertise.
* Able to drive project methods, techniques and procedures.
* Collaborates to develop self and others within group.
* Errors may result in serious delays and/or departmental consequences.
* Communicates with senior stakeholders within the enterprise on matters that require explanation, interpretation, and / or advising; typically has responsibility communicating to parties outside of the organization.
* Works to influence parties within the enterprise to agree and accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
* Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
* Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
* Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
* Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
* Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
* Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
* Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort of QA team.
* Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
* Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
* Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
* Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
* May mentor lower level engineers.
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer science or related field.
* 4 plus years of experience in in coding and testing software, writing automation test code or similar experience.
* Strong knowledge of automation frameworks and languages like Selenium, Cucumber, and Gherkin.
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools.
* Built and tested software as part of a larger project that involved continuous integration and frequently delivery.
* Master's Degree Preferred, Field of Study: Computer science or related field.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal? Healthier patients, happier providers and happier employees. Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Ensure delivery of products and services of the highest quality possible to our customers. Responsible for developing and executing comprehensive tests strategies utilizing test automation and test driven development. Responsible to design, develop and maintain new and existing automation frameworks, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in test regression, tests coverage and automation of newly implemented functionality, and development of tools to enable QA efficiencies.
4075 Sorrento Valley Boulevard, Sorrento Valley, California 92121
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare (formerly known as Quality Systems) is a provider of software, services, and analytics solutions to medical and dental group practices.