Spirent is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our experienced team and help validate system quality and performance for the Landslide product. Landslide is used worldwide by service providers and network equipment manufacturers to test performance, scale and functionality in Mobile, IMS, Diameter and Wi-Fi networks. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, modifying, executing and automating tests designed to ensure system performance and functionality for a wide range of new and existing features. Areas of focus may vary depending on need and could include technologies in IMS, VoLTE, Vo5G, Mobile Core (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G), IP Security, Wi-Fi, Diameter, and others.
* Create, modify, execute and automate test plans for the Landslide product to ensure that all functional, scale and performance requirements are met for customer use cases.
* Validate new and existing functionality.
* Create training material for new features.
* Create change requests to identify and document application software and system defects.
* Validate change request resolutions to ensure defects are properly fixed.
* Perform initial installation and upgrades on new and existing platforms as necessary.
* Troubleshoot application software, operating system and hardware issues.
* Provide tier 3 product support for technical issues beyond the scope of the customer support organization.
* A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 2+ years of applicable experience working in a Product Verification, Quality Assurance, System Integration and Test or another similar role.
* Working knowledge of the interfaces, protocols and devices used in at least three of the following technologies: Mobile networks (3G, 4G, 5G), IMS, VoLTE, Vo5G, IP Security and WiFi (802.11).
* Experience with TCP, UDP and SCTP transport protocols.
* A good working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 networking (MAC Addresses, IP Addresses, subnet masks, etc.)
* Experience using Wireshark to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
* Ability to use the Linux operating system to modify, edit and transfer files.
* Excellent English communication skills.
* Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work and learning new things.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Dependable, trustworthy, good attention to detail, organized and efficient.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team to meet critical deadlines and goals.
* Experience using the Landslide product.
* Experience with software and hardware integration and debugging.
* Ability to investigate log files and other relevant information to assist in troubleshooting and debugging issues.
* Automation experience using Tcl, Python, Bash, RESTful services, etc.
* Experience with the Diameter and RADIUS protocols.
* A good understanding and knowledge of the Linux operating system including the ability to install packages and apply updates from the command line.
* A good understanding of hard drive partitioning, file systems, etc.
Spirent Communications is a provider of test and measurement solutions to develop devices and equipment and to operate networks.