Working at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you're looking for challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking to add to our talented Software & Digital Technologies team of Staff Project Lead Engineers. Our engineers are self-starters who are part of a team of Embedded Software, Application Software, and Digital FPGA professionals developing world-class Software and Digital FPGA Firmware to meet our customer's high expectations.
This effort includes, but is not limited to:
* Coordinates technical requirements development, hardware/software design, verification, and validation activities for Embedded Software, Application Software and Digital FPGA Firmware designs.
* Ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and is compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards.
* Participating in negotiations with multi-discipline organizations
* Establishing and executing to project schedules
* Overseeing funding authorizations; initiating the launch of new designs and subsequent shop orders
* Managing all cost/schedule related activities
* Work closely with directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers.
* The Project lead will also be expected to mentor and guide other Project Leads supporting projects, and collaborate with management to help grow the group.
* Applicant must be Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
* Proactive and responsive with an internally generated "sense of urgency"
* Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills are required.
The basic qualification requirements for a Staff Software Engineer is a Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 14 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum 12 years of relevant professional work experience OR 9 years of relevant professional work experience with a PhD.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CE, ECE or comparable Engineering Discipline
* Ability to lead teams that translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
* Knowledge in leading teams of multi-discipline engineers (Embedded Software, Application Software Engineers, Digital FPGA Firmware Engineers)
* Knowledge in leading teams programming high level and low level software (C, Object Oriented C , Java, C#, VHDL, Verilog)
* Knowledge in leading teams dealing with multi-threaded applications and/or parallel processing applications
* Ability to lead teams testing, debugging and integrating embedded systems and applications
* Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools
* Experience leading teams working on Agile and/or Rapid Project Management environments
* US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
* Experience in Embedded Software and/or Application Software Development
* Clear understanding of Earned Value and SPI/CPI in determining the critical path of a project, EAC and experience preparing workload forecasts
* Experience as Technical lead, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or other demonstrated leadership role to a program office.
* Experience with CMMI Level 3, 4 and/or 5
* Experience with Agile and/or Rapid Project Management environments
* Master's degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent
* Certified Scrum Master, PMI Certified or Project Management Professional (PMP)
* US Citizen with Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.