We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and Staff Program Manager to join our strong Security team with responsibility to support key Security, IAM and Privacy efforts. You will embed with Cruise's Security Products team and work closely with the engineering teams and the privacy legal team. You will drive a world class privacy and IAM program, owning the execution of multiple business-critical security and privacy initiatives.
Who you are:
You are a program builder and owner who immerses themselves in all aspects of security with a particular passion for privacy and access. You are looking for an opportunity that will try your technical skills and challenge your creativity. You can bridge the gap between business needs and technical implementations, and are ready to face a wide range of security questions and challenge the status quo when you see things that can be done better. You are a subject matter expert in the security and privacy domain and push innovative ideas that solve technical and organizational challenges at a global scale.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Drive the adoption of security frameworks, practices and mindset at every layer of the stack
* Map critical business priorities to dependencies and align cross-functional roadmaps
* Earn the respect of world class engineers and serve as a collaborative partner
* Foster innovative solutions to security, engineering, and infrastructure challenges
* Continuously improve and champion Cruise's IAM and privacy policies
* Streamline process and communication between the security and engineering organizations
* Capture and track inter-team dependencies and handoffs; monitor and help resolve issues
* Define program metrics and KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
* Communicate progress effectively across program teams, including to GM and Cruise execs
* Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
* Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
* Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress & needs
* Create and organize all relevant documentation
* Good judgement on when to "solve for yes" and when to push back with a "no"
* Strong communication skills and adaptable work style
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* 8+ years of industry experience
* Ability to understand complex technical systems and programs
* Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
* Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
* Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
* Able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
* Solid understanding or large scale infrastructure and software engineering concepts
* Entrepreneurial aptitude and/or experience
* Experience with large scale migrations and software deployments in a rapidly changing, multi-language microservices environment
* Background as a software engineering, infrastructure / cloud engineering, technical lead, and/or engineering manager
* Technical degree and years of software development and/or infrastructure exposure in a large, distributed environment
* Domain expertise with authentication, authorization, and directory services
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.