Job Description SummaryBring machine learning models into production together with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, software development engineers, and subject domain experts.
Bring machine learning models into production together with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, software development engineers, and subject domain experts.
* Ensure the Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
* Actively architect and deliver state of the art machine learning solutions designed to add intelligence to our healthcare software product line
* Automate model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines.
* Establish meaningful criteria for evaluating algorithm performance and suitability
* Implement working, scalable, production-ready Machine Learning and AI Process Automation models and code
* Optimize processes for maximum speed, performance and accuracy
* Participate in the end to end software development of new feature functionality and design capabilities
* Craft clean, testable and maintainable code
* Keep up to date with Machine Learning best practices and evolving open source frameworks
* Work in an agile team in a scrum process, collaborating closely with fellow software engineers, data scientists, data engineers and QA engineers
* MS in Computer Science, related Engineering or highly quantitative fields
* Eight years' experience in developing machine learning and statistical applications with Master's degree. Six years' experience with Ph.D.
* Four years 'experience building production large scale deployment of machine learning products
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing
* Expert in Python and/or R
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Machine learning education
* Automating machine learning models
* Hands-on experiences with AWS and cloud infrastructure
* Experience working in agile/scrum teams
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.