Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Systems Technical Lead to guide multiple engineering teams responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Enterprise IT infrastructure, both on-premise and in the cloud.
This position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, and requires a TS/SCI Clearance and Polygraph.
The ideal candidate is experienced with Systems Engineering principles, and has a broad technical background that spans software, IT hardware, networks, desktops and platform services. Along with technical acumen, candidates should demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills for frequent interactions with Government technical and programmatic leadership. This role will also be responsible for following sound systems engineering and Agile processes, and ensuring their use across multiple engineering teams.
This position will be in direct support of the Infrastructure Division Lead and will include the following roles and responsibilities.
* Oversee multi division technical execution
* Ensure requirements tracking and validation processes are followed
* Ensure requirements are met to install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, software and system management tools
* Proactively provide technical solutions to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Lead and provide multiple IT architectures by leveraging technologies that increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
* Lead the design of information and operational support systems
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for technical solutions for any problem resolution
* Deliver complex functionalities and integration solutions that span multiple technology platforms
* Establish and govern technical controls such that any scripts or deployments are executed according to defined standards and best practices
* Perform technical peer reviews
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 14 years of experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience, a PhD and a minimum of 9 years of experience, or a total of 18 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
* 10 or more years of demonstrated experience in engineering and support for IT enterprise services
* 10 or more years of demonstrated experience providing Systems Engineering support to IT systems and services including but not limited to Linux systems, Windows, Active Directory, Networks, Security Tools
* Demonstrated experience developing technical documentation of requirements, designs, and engineering processes
* INCOSE Certified
* Demonstrated experience of at least 2 years with cloud computing concepts and principles, such as the AWS Well Architected Framework
* Demonstrated knowledge surrounding application security accreditation processes, procedures, and best practices
* Demonstrated technical leadership experience of 2 years, providing direction and guidance to one or more engineering teams.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.