Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support multiple engineering teams responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Enterprise IT infrastructure, both on-premise and in the cloud.
This position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, and requires a TS/SCI Clearance and Polygraph.
The ideal candidate is experienced with Systems Engineering principles, including requirements management and verification & validation, and has a broad technical background that spans across multiple facets of Information Technology (IT) such as software, IT hardware, networks, desktops and platform services. Along with technical acumen, this role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills for frequent interactions with Government technical and programmatic leadership.
This position will be in direct support of the Infrastructure Division Lead and will include the following roles and responsibilities.
* Requirements tracking and validation to install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, software and system management tools
* Recommend and support approaches to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
* Track the monitoring and testing of infrastructure and network performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with engineers to implement those fixes
* Recommend and support security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Lead team execution of custom automation to increase system efficiency
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
* Follow and advocate sound systems engineering and Agile processes, across multiple engineering teams.
* Implement engineering processes for new requirements, change management, and resource management
* Implement engineering processes for engineering to operations transition
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 14 years of experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience, a PhD and a minimum of 9 years of experience, or a total of 18 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
* 5 or more years of demonstrated experience in engineering and/or support for enterprise IT systems and services
* 2 or more years of demonstrated experience providing Systems Engineering support to IT infrastructure systems and services including but not limited to Linux systems, Windows, Active Directory, Networks, and Security
* Demonstrated experience developing technical documentation of requirements, designs, and engineering processes
* INCOSE Certified
* Demonstrated experience of at least 1 year with cloud computing concepts and principles, such as the AWS Well Architected Framework
* Demonstrated knowledge surrounding application security accreditation processes, procedures, and best practices
* Demonstrated technical leadership experience of 2 years, providing direction and guidance to one or more engineering teams.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.