At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
This role serves as the Mission Planning Thread lead in the execution of multiple project areas within the Global Hawk (GH) program. This entails owning the Mission Planning related capabilities and requirements; leading the mission analysis to propose the most affordable solution to meet customer's mission needs; performing functional analysis allocation and flow down of those requirements to the unit level within the program specification hierarchy and maturing associated requirement allocation documentation; requirement assessment analysis and analytical architecture maturation; requirement to architecture model relationship maturation; requirement verification planning and verification activity development; and leading and supporting a number of government Working Groups. This involves interfacing with the other areas of Systems Engineering (SE), product development IPTs, and System Test to ensure consistent product definition across the various SE domains, a product design that is consistent with our definition, and a system test plan and approach this is consistent with the GH Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) and NGAS sector standards. Additionally, this involves working with and mentoring a number of our junior/less-experienced engineers within the GH Mission Engineering, Architecture, and System Analysis (MEASA) and System Engineering teams.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, software engineers, hardware designers, and test engineers.
* Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an accredited university with 14 years of experience or a STEM Master's degree with 12 years of experience
* Active DoD Secret Clearance with last investigation completed within the last 5 years
* Ability to obtain SAP (Special Access Program) access
* Requirements analysis, allocation, flow down, and verification planning experience
* Technical leadership experience
* Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
* Knowledge and experience working with or in the other areas of Systems Engineering including operational concept/scenario; functional analysis; architecture definition; interface identification and definition; modeling, simulation and analysis; and specialty engineering
* Knowledge and experience with architecture modeling tools like Magic Draw, Cameo, System Architect
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.