At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Engineer Software 5 - Subcontract Management Team to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, California.
MS IPT Subcontract Management Team is looking for a Responsible Engineer (SMT RE) to manage a challenging software subcontractor. This role will report to the Subcontract Management Team Lead for a subcontract within the Mission Systems IPT (MS IPT).
SMT RE will be responsible for managing subcontractor design, development, documentation, test, and debug of software and systems. The SMT RE will analyze, evaluate, and recommend improvements in subcontractor and in-house test environments in support of first time quality.
The SMT RE will develop and implement acceptance test procedures, support software integration activities, determine user needs, analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls, and prepare operating instructions. The SMT RE assists with anomaly resolution and collaborates with all the MS IPT functions (SEIT, SW, HW, Support, sub-IPTs, etc.) to ensure subcontract products are in line with program and customer direction.
Additional detailed tasks include but are not limited to:
* Champion RFI/RFP/SOW preparation
* Review and evaluate proposals, support Global Supply Chain with subcontract negotiations and definitization
* Coordinate with Systems Engineering for review and release of Requirements/ICDs and subsequent updates
* Identify and manage risks, opportunities
* Provide weekly schedule status, technical status and monthly earned value reporting
* Conduct a weekly program review with subcontractor and track closure of action items
* Conduct a weekly technical review with subcontractor and track closure of action items
* Position will require approximately 25% travel
* 14 years of software development or software test experience with a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering of Mathematics (STEM) discipline or 12 years of experience with Master's degree, or 9 years of experience with a PhD
* Active DOD Top Secret and ability to obtain Special Access security clearances
* Previous experience managing a software subcontractor
* Previous or current program access
* Prior military experience
* Previous experience turning a "red" software subcontractor to "green"
* Communicate widely and effectively both verbally and through email, documents, and presentations
* Ability to communicate complex technical issues at an executive level both internally and to the customer
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.