At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Platform S/W engineering lead for all of our electric lightweight vehicles including JUMP Bike, Scooter and others in the development. You will lead the design and implementation between client-side application and backend, as well as user interaction on the device, via tight collaboration with backend team and firmware team. Uber seeks professionals who are passionate about making cities around the world a better place to live and get around, care about customer experience, and can help us continually improve our product.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Architect overall platform S/W for LEV (Lighweight electric vehicle) with deep consideration of FW, Drivers and H/W, and its limitation and the interaction with Server side S/W
* Lead the strategic direction of the platform S/W, build the team, and mentor team to grow and succeed
* Lead the design, develop and maintain platform S/W that runs on LEVs
* Lead the design, develop and maintain provisioning system which runs manufacturing and test process at the factory and assembly sites
* Interface with H/W design team and firmware engineering team to drive the integration of the system
* Represent platform S/W engineering team among XFN teams, and report the progress toward common goals
What You'll Need
* 10 Minimum Years of Experience with Linux, Embeded S/W, Firmware, Driver, platform S/W
About the Team
New Mobility Engineering team at Uber is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes, scooters are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.