Staff Engineer - Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
The Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for ensuring delivered information systems that meet security standards throughout the Systems' Life Cycle in accordance with DoD policies including DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for Department of Defense Information Technology (IT).
The Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for developing all documentation needed to obtain an Authorization to Operate (ATO) for fielded systems.
Individual responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Identification of information protection requirements for DoD information systems and networks.
* Participation with design engineers in the development of an overarching system design with a focus on building in Cybersecurity.
* Interaction with customers and authorization officials to define and achieve required Cybersecurity objectives. They also maintain awareness of the most recent system security policies and directives, and assist Systems Engineers and other Cybersecurity Engineer with the analysis of user and system requirements and constraints.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Required Education/ Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field 7 years' experience in System Security Administration and Documentation (experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree)
* Familiarity with the NIST Security Controls (SP800-53), the System categorization process (CNSS 1253), and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process are a must. Experiene with DoD Information System Authorization processes is a .
* Security Engineering with accreditation experience is required. Experience with systems integration is desired.
* Experience with hardening Linux and Windows-based Operating Systems is desired.
* Experience with Routers & Firewalls is a .
* Ability to analyze system specifications and translate them to Cybersecurity requirements.
* Sets highest of ethical standards for themselves and others.
* Other duties as asssigned.
* Security certification is a must.
* CISSP is a .
Special Requirements: Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance at the TS/SCI level. Active Secret security clearance is required.
An active Top Secret security clearance with access to SCI is desired.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.