Working at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you're looking for challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking to add to our talented Software & Digital Technologies team of Software Engineers. Our engineers are self-starters who are part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software to meet our customer's high expectations.
This effort includes, but is not limited to:
* The design, development, operation and maintenance of software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
* Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products such as laboratory electronic warfare (EW) and Range training and simulation systems
* Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
* Individual will have experience including the full software development life-cycle, which includes: requirements, design, coding, testing, and integration.
The basic qualification requirements for a Staff Software Engineer is a Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 14 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum 12 years of relevant professional work experience OR 9 years of relevant professional work experience with a PhD.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CE, ECE or comparable Engineering Discipline
* Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
* Knowledge in Embedded Software Development
* Knowledge in programming software using: C and Object Oriented C
* Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems and multi-threaded applications
* Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded system
* Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools
* US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
* Experience in Embedded Software and/or Application Software Development
* Experience programming embedded software such as: C, C , ADA
* Experience programming application software such as: C#, .Net, Java
* Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing, Big Data, GP-GPU
* Experience using RTOS such as: VxWorks, INTEGRITY, PSOS and/or Embedded Linux
* Experience with CMMI Level 3, 4 and/or 5
* Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
* Experience with tools such as: DOORS, ClearCase, ClearQuest, GIT, Rally, Jira, Rhapsody
* Experience using Model Based Engineering such as: UML, SysML
* Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
* Differentiating characteristics included: demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic go getter attitude
* US citizen with active Secret or Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.