Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position preferred location is Austin, TX. Can also be placed in Foster City, CA or Denver, CO.
As an engineer in this team, the individual will be involved in the plan, build and run activities related to database technology and infrastructure. The role will contribute to the design/architect, solution engineering, and support; will be responsible for delivering database projects, maintaining the running systems, able to perform problem analysis and troubleshooting. The individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database build, deployment and support. He or she will provide technical influence and subject matter expertise for the database team, responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Primarily the architecture, engineering, deployment and support of NoSQL database technology.
Support Database Platform Engineering in the architecture, development and deployment of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB and Cassandra in high SLA environments. Support of RDBMS technology will be a plus. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
* Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
* Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
* Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MngoDB and Cassandra databases in production and non-production environments.
* Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
* Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
* Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
* Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
* Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level3 issues.
* Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
* Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's and performance targets.
* Adapt business requirements, model data, and develop database specifications, table and element attributes.
* Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
* Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
* Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field is necessary.
* 5-7 years of DBA experience, generally with Cassandra, MongoDB will be a plus.
* Sound knowledge of all UNIX and Cassandra/MongoDB utilities. Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues.
* Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
* Proficiency in writing functions and packages for administration and application support
* Strong knowledge of operating systems, scripting languages, data modeling and business intelligence tools.
* Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
* Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
* Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.