Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented self-motivated Software Engineer with Amazon experience to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Dulles, VA.
The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principals and cloud methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions that results in compelling easy to use products in support of mission critical systems.
* Conducts independent, multidisciplinary research and collaborates with designers and/or engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
* Work and participate in a Scrum team utilizing agile methodology best practices to deliver high quality products.
* Train related to computer languages, systems and technology
* Perform Cloud Computing design, build and integration
* Provide strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structure design and development
* Provide monitoring industry trends and directions in database technology and tools
* Develop and present substantive technical recommendations to senior management
* Provide strategic planning of new designs for integration into a database structure
* Active Top Secret with SCI and Polygraph clearance
* Minimum Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, System Engineering, Business or related discipline. Ten years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree or a scientific or technical discipline
* Minimum of 10 years of application system development experience (a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering will be considered equivalent to 5 years of experience).
* Minimum of seven (7) years of Systems Architecture experience
* Experience architecting and design software systems
* Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), Agile Software
* Experience presenting and defending application designs and development patterns to customers
* Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new options
* Experience developing and maintaining Web Service Protocols, REST API's, and JSON is preferred.
* Experience developing and maintaining web applications while addressing accessibility concerns is preferred.
* AWS certifications
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Demonstrated initiative developing his/her technical career
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.