We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role:
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless and consumer entertainment solutions, to networking, storage, enterprise, imaging, automotive and security devices.
Arm's Sales & Partner Enablement Group (SPE) has the charter to ensure success for customers by providing timely, leading-edge knowledge through creative services. The role of the Software Applications Engineer is to provide customer support on Arm architecture, software ecosystem and use of Arm's development tools. The role requires a mix of broad technical knowledge, analytical skills and customer awareness.
What will I be accountable for?
This role involves customer support activities that will take several forms.
Firstly, you will need to be able to analyze complex problems and provide comprehensive responses to customers developing software for Arm-based processors. Such inquiries will come by email, web portal, telephone or face to face meetings.
Secondly, you will be responsible for helping to improve Arm's products and facilitate partners to adopt new technology. You will review and raise defects against development tools and documentation, write example source code, application notes, and knowledge base articles.
Lastly, you will provide in-depth on-site and remote technical training to customers worldwide. You will have domestic and international travel opportunities.
All these activities highly impact the success of our partners which you can be a part of.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Essential skills and experience:
* Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering (other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience)
* Minimum of 4 years of experience as an Applications Engineer or an Embedded Software Development Engineer
* Have a deep understanding of microprocessors
* Comprehend the interaction between software and hardware
* Have experience writing software in assembly and C/C++
* Have experience using software development tools (debuggers, compilers, modeling, simulation)
Desirable skills and experience:
* Have knowledge of the standard development lifecycle of IP development
* Have familiarity with Arm products and the ecosystem in which Arm operates
* Have used embedded Linux or Android in previous projects
* Have an understanding of multi-core or multi-processor systems
* Have excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
* Have the ability to work individually and as part of a global team
* To be passionate about learning and problem solving
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Awards
* 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
* Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
* Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
* Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
* Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
* Holidays, 13 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
* Sick Leave, 7 days per year
* Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
* Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
* Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
ARM Holdings designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.