What you'll be doing...
HQ Service Performance Team is seeking an MTS IV to assist in the Stadium Wifi program. As a member of this technical team, the candidate will be responsible for working on all aspects of the Verizon Stadium Wifi solution - including, but not limited to - new stadium turn up, Access Point / Controller testing and configuration, documentation, operational support, device certification, technical evaluation, and reporting on the value of the Stadium Wifi platform.
The candidate will need to be a self-starter and have the ability to manage several projects in parallel. Interactions with several teams internal (Regional Network, Marketing, Device Technology) and external (Stadiums, Teams, Vendors) require this individual to have strong communication skills with the ability to coordinate multiple teams for individual goal. The candidate will also need to have the ability to understand problems and develop solutions.
* Support turn up and validation of stadiums deploying Verizon Stadium Wifi.
* Working with venue and partners for stadium configuration.
* This includes engaging vendor / stadium venue / region / partners to test individual portions.
* Documentation of stadium configuration and troubleshooting steps for handoff to Operational teams.
* Reporting results of stadium wifi performance.
* Working with Controller / AP providers to ensure new HW/SW solutions work with Verizon's authentication setup.
* Investigating / researching new features to improve Verizon stadium Wifi solution.
* Supporting Device OEMs in auto authenticate to the Verizon SSIDs.
* Assisting regional teams for support of existing stadiums.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with enterprise Wifi deployments.
* Experience with security protocols and authentication PPP, IPsec, EAP-AKA, Next Generation Wi-Fi standards (Hotspot 2.0).
* Knowledge of 3GPP and 802.11 Standards.
* Knowledge of Data Visualization tools such as Tableau.
* Strong foundation on data networking.
* Extremely strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to demonstrate design and product architecture skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Project Management experience with the ability to drive cross-functional teams.
* Ability to learn fast and implement new knowledge quickly.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.