Reporting to the Senior Director of Donor Communications and Engagement, the Web Designer will manage the overall strategy for all digital/online communications for Spaulding Rehabilitation Network (SRN)/ Partners Continuing Care (PCC) Development Office. S/he will execute all digital/online messaging, using high level graphics and strategy, working with web templates and software connected to Constituent Management Systems. S/he will assist with ongoing management of Blackbaud Net Communities (BBNC), Wordpress, Crowdrise and other online tools and will maintain the content on the Development Giving pages on the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network (SRN) and Partners HealthCare at Home (PHH) websites.
This is an exciting time to join the development team at Spaulding - home to Harvard Medical School's Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, ranked the #2 Rehabilitation Hospital by US News and World Report, and committed to improving the lives of individuals experiencing disabilities from injury and illness. Currently in the quiet phase, the Campaign for the Spaulding Research Institute is a multi-year endeavor dedicated to transforming rehabilitation medicine from discovery to recovery.
* Design all email communication for SRN/PCC Development Department including special announcements * Manage and maintain online tools for all SRN/PHH entities to meet established standards, including but not limited to Crowdrise and Eventbrite * Manage and maintain all Development websites and web design, including main hospital Giving pages and individual events pages * Collaborate with SRN/PHH Marketing and Communications team to strategize Development presence on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc), to reach intended audiences * Maintain digital communications calendar * Explore modern and innovative digital marketing strategies to enhance Development-related e-communications
System Maintenance and Web Analytics
* Gather digital/online requirements from Development Office business units, or other areas within the Network, and translate into actionable documentation to develop web pages, templates, page elements, landing pages, email, graphics and banners * Create comps and wireframes * Create and manage all web forms and templates using HTML and other modern web standards * Apply user-centered design principles to the creation of user interfaces and information architecture * Strategize about online and mobile e-communications materials (e-solicitations, online newsletters, calendar, etc.) per established guidelines * Design and implement clear, effective digital products (to include emails) using our content management systems (Blackbaud NetCommunity, Wordpress, Gravity) * Collaborate with the Senior Director of Development Operations to ensure seamless integration with donor database and gift processing protocols * Collaborate with Donor Systems Manager to properly code all email solicitations and necessary URL's for tracking * Provide analysis to assess the efficiency of the giving site, digital marketing strategy and social media strategy, including fundraising success, opt-out rates and other key metrics for online giving * Proactively assist with all web-issues and troubleshoot as needed to provide prompt solutions * Provide backup to the Senior Design and Campaign Communications Officer on graphic design work as needed * Collaborates with the Hospital Marketing and Communications team including the Web manager * Collaborates with the Partners Development Web Application Architect * Other duties as required
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities (include number and type of FTEs)
Fiscal Responsibilities: (include size of annual budget)
* Bachelor's Degree required; concentration in communications, graphic design, or related field
* 3-5 years of web design and web analytics experience, preferably in a healthcare or non-profit setting required.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Knowledge of modern web standards (HTML5, CSS3), responsive/mobile design and Java Script.
* 3-5 years active experience with Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, etc.
* Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, strong aptitude to translate business requirements into deliverables.
* Independent decision-making, good judgment and ability to execute multiple assignments at any given time.
* Microsoft Office Skills, Constant Contact, and Internet.
* CMS experience with Expression Engine, BlackBaud NetCommunity, WordPress, Drupal, or others.
* High degree of attention to detail.
* Creativity and a high level of energy and initiative.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook.
* Familiarity with Raiser's Edge or Blackbaud CRM preferred.
* Experience with graphic design preferred.
Experience with an academic medical institution preferred.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.