Partners Data Systems
Job ID R1902166-2 Date posted Feb. 12, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
VMware Cloud on AWS SE Role:
As a member of the VMware Cloud on AWS Systems Engineering team you will help Government, Education and Healthcare customers to understand their business challenges and IT priorities in an effort to design cloud solutions that will transform the way they deliver IT services.
This team's primary responsibility is to work with customers, however there will be a strong linkage to VMware's Cloud partner ecosystem. Together, we will design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, hybrid or public cloud architectures for our customers. We are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies.
We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a 'can do' attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware's strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
VMware Cloud on AWS SE Responsibilities:
Working as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team, you will hold responsibility for technical engagements, while maintaining a laser-focus on client success. While the opportunities to contribute to the success of the team are vast, the fundamental responsibilities of your role will include:
* Crafting a customized VMware Cloud on AWS solution through activities such as running strategy & discovery workshops
* Deeply understanding our customers needs by engaging in client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from VMware Account Team
* Working with product specialists, product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders to create the best solution to fit the customer's cloud architecture.
* Partnering with customers to become a trusted advisor on their Digital Transformation journey
As a Cloud Specialist SE you should have excellent listening and discovery skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for crafting the solution to realize the customer vision during the sales process and retain client ownership through to implementation.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Build robust cloud solutions, meeting business & technical objectives
* You will present VMware's holistic cloud strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid and public offerings
* Ability to develop Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
* Ability to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
* You will establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within customers and become trusted advocates of VMware's cloud strategy
* Lead technical validation of the VMware Cloud on AWS solution against business/IT needs
* Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware's cloud platform.
* You will work within a team to drive account planning with the customer vision, use case and outcomes
* Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
* You will participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware's cloud strategy
* Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
* You will provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
* Be flexible to travel, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for people who love to win, have strong social skills and an inquiring mind. The ideal candidate will:
* Have a mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required.
* Will take the role of a lead technologist and should bring deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases to the table.
* Will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas
* such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps.
* Have a Deep knowledge of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF),
IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a huge plus.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMWCloudonAWS referral campaign
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.