Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Do you want to help drive innovations in a unique eCommerce space? Do you want to be part of a high-performance team in a Global Fortune 100 Company? Ingram Micro is ranked in the Top 100 for "America's Best Employers" by Fortune in 2017. With revenues of more than $50B, it has a unique business model of touching every piece of technology in a household.
The Ingram Digital Strategy team is looking for an experienced Sr. User Experience & Visual Designer to drive the customer experience initiatives for its online products. We are looking for a smart and innovative design thinker who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience gathering requirements, and can create deliverables for business & technical teams to understand and implement. We are specifically looking for someone with very strong visual presentation and design skills to be able to communicate concepts in modern, clean & elegant ways.
The position involves conducting regular user research, analyzing user data, collecting requirements from business, product and technical teams, preparing and presenting UX and visual design concepts, wireframes and clickable prototypes and work with developers to execute on the design and UX vision.
The ideal candidate will be strong in the following areas:
* User-centered design thinking and extensive experience collaborating closely with customers, business, and technology teams to design, develop, and enhance user experiences
* Demonstrated track record of delivering very clean, modern and elegant hi-fidelity visual design
* Very strong visual design skills to effectively communicate UX/UI concepts to different stakeholders and ability to create pixel-perfect designs that are ready for developers to implement
* Expert-level skills using design tools like Sketch, Adobe CS and Figma
* Ability to quickly prototype hi-fidelity design solutions using tools like Invision, Keynote and Axure
* Ability work off ambiguous or conflicting requirements
* Proven ability to elegantly articulate and defend design decisions to execs, management, engineers and other stakeholders
* Collaborating with business, product & development teams to define scope, requirements and deliverables
* Proven track record of working and delivering in an Agile/SCRUM environment
* Proven track record of delivering high quality designs, comps and mock-ups under tight deadlines
* Collaborate with customers, partners, peers and stakeholders to understand opportunities, identify key customer experience issues, collect product & business requirements, define the scope of work, create user flows, wireframes and sketches to communicate UX concepts
* Analyze usage data and actively gain insights into user behavior and needs
* Create stunning visual designs and prototypes to communicate hi-fidelity concepts to business & technical stakeholders, as well as validate with customers and end-users
* Quickly iterate on deliverables based on inputs from customers, business stakeholders and team members
* Collaborate with the respective engineering / development partners to assist in how to best bring your designs to life creating an industry-topping customer experience
* Research industry best practices and stay up to date on latest UX/UI developments
* Help build a strong design culture within the organization, be the ambassador for amazing design and establish yourself through your stunning work as a go-to person for design problem solving
What you bring to the role:
* A BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* At least 5 years of relevant UX and/or visual design experience
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology and complex workflows
* Outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and visual
* Ability to interact with Engineers and Business on technical topics to identify best possible solutions
* Expert skills using design tools like Adobe CS, Sketch and Figma
* Strong knowledge and practical experience of an Agile software development lifecycle
* Only candidates with a strong interactive/online portfolio that demonstrates clean, elegant and modern visual design will be invited for interviews
* Preferred: ability to produce front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) code
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.