The Role: As a design thought-leader and customer-advocate (aka Sr UX Designer) for Amazon Go's digital experiences, you will conceive, design, and own the end-to-end experience framework for all customer-facing experiences and first-of-their-kind workflow automation tools. This role is a stand-out opportunity for a designer looking to use their design chops and rapid experimentation skills to not only solve known customer needs, but uncover new opportunities (gathering data to validate your recommendations) along the way. You will routinely spend time in the Go stores observing the shopping flow, shadow store associates to identify areas of simplification, work side by side store designers and industrial designers, and spend time in the Go design studio leading collaborative working groups across the design, engineering, and business teams. Simplification and continuous iteration are the "name of the game" in this role.
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout -you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Learn more at amazon.com/go.
Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Shopping experience uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company-and we are just getting started. We are looking for design leaders who want to join a visionary digital team that continues to push the state of the art and improve the daily lives of customers.
We'd love to hear from you if:
* You are scrappy, agile, and full of initiative.
* · You love crafting groundbreaking experiences that change customers' lives for the better.
* · You are a talented teacher and collaborator who leads by example to bring out the best in teams and individuals.
* · You are an empathic, positive design leader and teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners to bring UX and Visual Design ideas to life.
* · You enjoy diving into unknown territory and help invent SIMPLE, elegant solutions to complex design problems, often with no clear precedent in today's world.
* · You have an exceptional portfolio delivered projects across customer- AND business-facing applications.
* · You are great at finding simple, elegant ways to solve for unmet customer needs within a complex space.
* · You are a principled design thinker and tinkerer who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users.
* · You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
* Deliver viable designs for new programs and features for the entire Amazon Go digital portfolio from concept to deployment. Includes all current and future work across all customer-facing features and functionality as well as proprietary business applications for managing food production and merchandising for an AI-enabled store.
* · Work with engineering partners to create solutions that meet a high customer experience bar and fit with the technology requirements.
* · Deliver detailed design documentation and refined design standards to developers and partners.
* · Balance design with physical retail operational objectives, resulting in extraordinary customer experiences.
* · Work with senior management to prioritize your work execute designs across the portfolio and within time constraints.
* · Solicit and accept feedback, weigh inputs and priorities, and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve healthy debates
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.