User Experience Design is a critical function on the product development team. The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer at Lighthouse is ultimately responsible for translating business strategy into the design for the company's products and customer experiences. S/he connects with a diversely-skilled, cross-functional team to deliver products that address customer's needs and meet the company's business objectives. They are closely partnered with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Visual Design, and others. Through their pivotal role in product/user research and development, designers develop a deep understanding of and empathy for the needs of healthcare providers, patients, and Lighthouse partners.
* Works with Product Leadership to determine overall user experience strategy for Lighthouse
* Owns the design process from product ideation, to flows, to wireframes, to prototypes, to user testing, etc.
* Supports their assigned product development team on achievement of agile sprint goals, working closely with Product Managers and Scrum Masters to prepare designs for development
* Applies an understanding of product strategy, performance analytics and KPIs to monitor product performance
* Ensures that project-level UX aligns with business goals and user needs
* Is a core contributor to the product discovery process and assists in validating product ideas, strategies, and designs
* Recommends and manages appropriate methods and practices within individual projects and for Lighthouse as a whole
* Explores new ways of communicating product design concepts and supporting information to product stakeholders (design sprints, story mapping, etc.)
* Works with Product Management and Engineering to produce well-considered, solid user experiences (often - but not always - in the form of interfaces)
* Leads UX research in the form of ethnography, interviews, user acceptance, and a variety of other techniques
* Synthesizes and shares their research to stakeholders and team
* Demonstrates design thought leadership and mentors other designers
* 5+ years of experience in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, or related fields, designing for web and/or mobile
* Advanced fluency in primary skills of user experience design and tools common in the discipline
* Demonstrated leadership of design teams on projects
* Demonstrated understanding and communication of business goals and UX strategy on projects
* Ability to present to stakeholders and balance their feedback against the global user experience framework
* Proven experience working directly with internal or external clients to understand business needs, facilitate feedback, and present
* Uses Sketch, Invision, OmniGraffle, Adobe Creative Suite or similar and is comfortable with HTML and CSS
* Understands fundamentals of visual design, data visualization, and brand strategy and can work well with a variety of marketing and business strategy professionals
* Prior experience working with design sprints, and agile software development process is a plus
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success - all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
About Internet Brands
Internet Brands is an Internet media company that operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites in vertical markets.