A Senior UX Designer I leads the design strategy for a business or product line. She/he is an expert user of a number of design tools. She/he informally mentors other designers.
Customer (or User) Focus
* Has a solid understanding of customer use cases. * Rallies the cross functional team around customer needs. * Advocates for customers with the agile team and helps inspire the team to want to know more. * Creates processes that are good at discovering customer needs and product design options. * Aligns team and coaches the team to ensure customer needs are met.
Creative Problem Solving
* Involves customers in product innovation that delivers value to users and growth. * Can challenge the status-quo with confidence. * Demonstrates energy and vision to see through innovative ideas. * Takes on board others' ideas and provides recognition for them.
* Mastery of User-centered design process. * Mastery of interaction design skills and attention to detail. * Works with UX Researcher to understand the user needs, making proactive use of insights to drive design. * Proficiency in Human Factors Engineering and other User-Centered Design methodologies. * Manage the UCD deliverables for the project. * Assist in the developing strategy for the customer-facing product/application.
Data Driven Analysis & Testing
* Identifies gaps where data is needed and works with business to fill them. * Summarises data from analytics packages, customer insight or other sources to understand context of research work. * Proactively uses data to establish key metrics for projects. * Regularly tests design work with users in partnership with UX Research team. * Iterates research methods based on testing and data analysis. * Uses data to inform testing future strategy.
* Has an excellent knowledge of the tech stack of the organisation. * Uses design software (Axure, Sketch, Invsion) to expert level. * Mentors junior designers in technical skills. * Builds good working relationships with tech teams. * Produces designs across all platforms.
Personal Capability Practices Self-Development
* Takes ownership of own development and career * Initiates regular conversations with manager, coach or mentor regarding self-development * Understands what is required by the business to be successful and maps development plan accordingly * Learns from success and failures * Looks to build challenges into current assignments * Utilises formal and informal networks effectively
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
* Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems * Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions * Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
* Develops new ideas to improve process or product, and is able to prepare implementation plans * Integrates and builds on new ideas from others * Creates new opportunities by applying different perspectives and challenging the status -quo * Is recognised as an innovative thinker
Interpersonal Skills Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
* Provides clear instructions and direction to others * Is able to both actively listen to and effectively question to understand another's viewpoint * Helps others understand situations by communicating business context
Collaboration and Teamwork
* Encourages co-operation between all members of the team * Seeks team members input and expertise; facilitates open and interactive discussion of matters affecting the team * Helps people to resolve conflict * Identifies and removes barriers to team performance * Identifies ways for further collaboration across teams
* Establishes rapport with others on the team and across teams * Works effectively with others to get work done * Treats all individuals with respect * Handles difficult situations, minimising conflict
Experience (US Only) and Education
Suggested Minimum Years of Experience: 6-8 years
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.