Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a talented and passionate Senior UX Designer to play a vital role in shaping the products and services for Amazon Music. Our ideal candidate has the ability to delight customers with their user-centered product design work, by solving customers' problems and tapping into customers' love and passion for music.
As Senior UX Designer on this team, you will be design lead on the full UX design process for large projects, from discovery and research to concept development, wireframes, and high-fidelity mocks spanning multiple platforms. You will be working from high-level requirements to define product design flows, interactions, and content strategies in collaboration with business leaders, engineers, product managers, and other UX and visual designers. The team will look to you to identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features. To be successful you must be a critical, inventive thinker with clear design chops, an excitement for understanding and using data, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively. Being a big music fan would be a big plus.
* Be the design lead for large projects across a range of platforms (voice, visual), especially user mindset and flow focused ones (large = projects that present multidisciplinary challenges and span multiple platforms and departments.)
* Potentially, lead other designers on these large projects.
* Run the full experience design process for a project, from discovery and research through to concept development to wireframes to high-fidelity mocks
* Stay current on emerging UX and digital behavior trends, music and design innovations, and broader technological shifts, as well as identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs.
* Work from high-level requirements and ask the right questions to gather all relevant information to guide design direction.
* Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at a simple, but robust solution, accounting for complex requirements.
* Design for current experiences while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features.
* Collaborate on and present work to a range of stakeholders - executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, researchers, other UX and visual designers.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.