Springbox offers a fun, stimulating, technology-focused work environment that is fast-paced and rewarding. We are committed to fostering an environment where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skill-set, while making a real contribution to a rapidly expanding agency.
Our Austin office is looking for a Senior User Experience to join our Experience Design team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Experience Design, the UX Designer is responsible for developing creative and forward thinking designs for complex and dynamic mobile, desktop, and web applications, in seamless collaboration with UI designers, interaction designers, developers and clients.
The ideal candidate is organized, has natural time and self-management skills, and is capable of juggling multiple accounts and tasks. They will effectively engage their supervisor and/or project lead for approvals and creative direction in a timely manner. They will have good understanding of front-end development which informs their designs and allows them to "speak dev" when talking with clients and collaborating with team members. Springbox is looking for someone who stays up to date on emerging technologies, knows what will impact their ideas and designs and is able to clearly communicate and educate their clients. Creativity, basic front-end development knowledge, the ability to collaborate with all teams, independence, flexibility and accountability are a must.
* Drives creation of memorable and impactful products for a wide range of digital experiences, including web, mobile, and desktop applications.
* Create artifacts (user flows, detailed wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables) that articulate a meaningful user experience.
* Work collaboratively with clients to translate business requirements into detailed application design solutions.
* Advocate fiercely for the needs of application end users.
* Participate in a user-centered design process, driving a focus on validation through user testing.
* Collaborate daily with a core team of specialists, strategists, visual designers, content strategists, and visual designers, to deliver digital experiences.
* Document design standards
* 3+ years experience in an interactive agency or product team - past interactive focus is a must
* Full proficiency with standard wireframing/prototyping tools (Axure, UXPin, InVision), strong proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
* Able to draw clear conclusions based on research and collaboration to develop clear direction and presentations for recommendations around direction.
* Ability to implement design into wireframe screens and create design style guides and UI toolkits.
* Strong understanding of the implications of design choices on usability and accessibility, development effort, and SEO
* Intimately understand the requirements of various form factors, including desktop, mobile, and large-scale screens
* Experience working with Global recognizable brands.
* Experience working on Agile teams
* Experience implementing design processes and mentoring junior designers
* ability to jump between UX and Creative outputs to drive a product design forward.
Perks (because it matters, right?)
* Wear what you want to work, up to a point. No speedos.
* Fully stocked "beverage" refrigerators.
* Located downtown at 8th and Colorado Ave. (Plenty of coffee shops close by)
* Modern, comfortable workplace, with areas to chill when you need it.
* Uplift desks (option to stand or sit)
* Flexible hours. Some of us aren't morning people!
* Bring your best friend to work (Dogs allowed)
* Unlimited PTO policy (This is not a typo)
An online portfolio is required with resume.