* Mentor team members on sound development principles and effective techniques to ensure high performance and quality deliverables
* Research emerging application development techniques, languages, frameworks/libraries, standards, and best practices in support of development efforts
* Develop and maintain documentation of team standards and best practices
* Identify and implement improvements for processes and tools
* Participate in the recruiting process of new team members
* Collaborate with a scrum team members and stakeholders in the planning, scoping, and design of new software applications
* Research, document, and implement application requirements and specifications
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
* Maintain an awareness of programming and design alternatives
* Comprehend user work flows, use-case scenarios, and application business logic to create efficient, high usability interfaces
* Produce immaculate code with elegant solutions to complex problems
* Consistently develop, test, and deploy new software applications according to specifications in an Agile environment
* Modify existing software to implement enhancements and optimize performance for maximum speed and scalability
* Build reusable code, modules, and libraries for future use
* Collaborate with the UX team and scrum team members to design high usability and accessible user interfaces
* Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
* Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed
* Interact regularly with managers, stakeholders, scrum team members, DevOps team, and vendors. Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
* 4 plus years of experience in software engineering
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science or related field
* Expertise in web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
* Firm understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates using AJAX/JSON
* Experience developing enterprise web applications
* Excel in fast-paced Scrum Agile environment
* Strong awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
* Clear, concise verbal and written communication
* Success working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* 7 plus years of experience in software engineering.
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science or related field.
* Familiarity with the Healthcare Industry.
* Automation/build tools such as WebPack, NPM, Node.
* CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
* Object oriented programming patterns.
* Code versioning tools such as Git.
* Fluency in back-end programming languages, including SQL, JAVA.
* Database and operating systems experience.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal? Healthier patients, happier providers and happier employees. Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
The UI Software Engineer's role is to design, build, assess, and troubleshoot software applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the Scrum Agile project life cycle.
4075 Sorrento Valley Boulevard, Sorrento Valley, California 92121
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare (formerly known as Quality Systems) is a provider of software, services, and analytics solutions to medical and dental group practices.