Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith * DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH * NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
We are helping rethink how we use data at PayPal to fulfill the needs of our customers (both internal and external). We drive creation of delightful, frictionless and complaint payment experiences while maximizing the value of our data. Join the Advanced Risk Analytics team at PayPal. In this role, you will get an opportunity to design and build enterprise grade interactive data visualizations to tell complex stories in an intuitive way for a wide range of users and levels of expertise. Make recommendations on visualization technologies, commercially available and open-source. Collaborate with engineers to build scalable ETL pipelines to integrate data and to support visualizations.
We work closely with partners, across numerous business domains, including compliance. This role offers regular visibility to senior management (c-suite executives) and the opportunity to materially impact PayPal's business. It will also give you broad exposure across PayPal, you will develop a deep understanding of the business from end to end.
* Create and define the best strategies,frameworks and practices to build interactive visualizations for machine learning, geographical information systems (GIS) and graph databases. Evangelize/educate rest of the team on using the frameworks and libraries.
* Create rich and easily comprehended visualizations that reveal significant patterns and structures in complex datasets.
* Work with architects to design systems which are complaint with internal security requirements (infosec).
* Work with software/data engineers to deploy visualizations that are scalable.
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
* 6+ years of relevant data visualization experience.
* A portfolio of data visualization projects, with work encompassing ETL to polished interactives.
* A demonstrated mastery of visualization libraries such as D3.js, Chart.js, Leaflet.js, bokeh, Highcharts or similar.
* A demonstrated mastery of visualization techniques such as timelines, Sankey diagrams, heatmaps, radar charts and network analysis plots, etc.
* Experience with Python scripting, data analytics and charting libraries (Pandas, NumPy, plotly, etc.).
* Proficiency in SQL, Unix shell and experience with git.
* Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms and an ability to communicate findings and insights in innovative and compelling visual formats.
* Knowledge of user experience design.
* Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and statistics.
* Experience with various ETL technologies and frameworks (Teradata, Pentaho, Informatica, Matillion, etc.).
New York, New York, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a global technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants.